- Funding our K-12, college and continuing education systems is essential to the future of our state. We must fund our education system more equitably across the state.
- Rep. Brady voted against the equitable school funding bill SB1 (2017). Instead, schoolchildren were used as a bargaining chip in Springfield politics.
- The government should not intervene in this crucial right, as written in Roe v. Wade. Being a Catholic, I strongly believe that the views of religious institutions should not supersede the rights women have or their ability to make their own health decisions.
- Rep. Brady voted against SB40 (2017), which ensured women’s right to access abortion services.
- Labor unions have a strong history of protecting workers and working families from degrading working condition, and promoting livable wages, democracy, and equality.
- Rep. Brady supports right-to-work legislation, and continually votes against the interest of labor.
- We need sensible gun control, including waiting periods and background checks for purchasing guns at any location.
- Rep. Brady voted no against banning bump stocks immediately following the Las Vegas shooting. (HB 4117, 2017)
- We are a nation of immigrants and should actively find ways to allow immigrants to integrate into American society.
- Rep. Brady voted against the TRUST Act (2017) which gives protections to immigrants across Illinois.
- The state of Illinois made a promise to employees that if they bought into the pension system, they would receive their benefits. We will fulfill this promise.
- Everyone should have financial access to the health care that they need.
We need a public option in the state of Illinois, while the federal government refuses to act.